His eyes gleamed with something that sent shivers of awareness through her. “I’ll leave you here.” He lingered over the kiss on her knuckles, and her fingers clutched in response to the heat of his mouth. “I’m glad you paid me a visit.”
She was appalled that she felt so reluctant to leave him. “I’m stopping by again,” she blurted out, “to meet Joe.”
There was a great silence between them.
“You can’t do that.” His voice was quiet. “For many reasons, not the least of which is protecting your good reputation.”
“I know.” She swallowed. “But I’m going to do it anyway. So don’t try to stop me.”
He lifted her chin, the gleam in his eyes becoming more pronounced. “You’re both headmistress and troublemaker. Do you know what that combination does to a man?”
“No,” she said, feeling rather breathless.
“It makes him unable to think of anyone but you. In the morning. At the noon hour. And at night.”
At night? Her face grew hot. “_____________, you shouldn’t—“
“Go home,” he said abruptly. “Before I pull you into another alleyway.”
And so she fled. Once she was at a safe distance, she glanced over her shoulder to catch a glimpse of him walking away. But he hadn’t. He was still there in his black cape, his gaze dark and steady upon her beneath the rim of his hat.
She couldn’t help herself. She turned and faced him, walking slowly backwards a few steps, her eyes locked on his, drinking in the sight of him. The wind blew a lock of hair in her eyes, and she pulled it aside.
She saw the corner of his mouth tip up once more, and her heart surged.
She spun forward again, and somehow at that moment—when she could feel him still watching her—she was able to forget the reality of her hopeless situation.
And for a brief, shining moment, it was like walking beneath an invisible rainbow into a bigger and brighter life.
About the Author, Kieran Kramer:
Double Rita®-finalist and USA Today bestseller Kieran Kramer is the author of the lighthearted Regency historical romance series, The Impossible Bachelors, published by St. Martin’s Press. She has a new six-book contract with St. Martin’s for another Regency series called The House of Brady, premiering in August 2012 with LOVING LADY MARCIA. A former CIA employee, journalist, and English teacher, Kieran’s also a game show veteran, karaoke enthusiast, and general adventurer. Without doubt her greatest adventure, which she’s taken hand-in-hand with her husband of 23 years, a commander in the US Navy Reserves, has been mothering their three children.
Kieran’s tagline: Love changes everything…
Learn more about Ms. Kramer and her books on:
Purchase "Loving Lady Marcia" on:
● 1 pink Loving Lady Marcia Pen
● 1 Loving Lady Marcia wine charm
● 1 Loving Lady Marcia bookmark
● 1 Kieran Kramer post-it notes
● 1 set of Impossible Bachelors romance trading cards
● 1 Loving Lady Marcia romance trading card
● 1 signed bookplate
● 1 “Autographed by the Author” gold sticker
Open to US and Canada, 18 and older. To enter, simply complete the Rafflecopter below.
* Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Innovative Online Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Innovated Online Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Thanks for hosting Kieran!ReplyDelete
What a great post! Thank you for the opportunity to win! I'm looking forward to reading! :)ReplyDelete
What a great post! Thank you for the opportunity to win! I can't wait to read the book! :)ReplyDelete