About the Book:
Fallon Parker’s dream was to have her family’s wine company at the top of all wine magazines and to have a cellar of her own. After graduating from college, she has worked hard to make that dream a reality, even if that meant having a nonexistent love life. She had her chance at love and that was a bust, so she put everything into the wine company. After becoming the official sponsor of the Nashville Assassins, Fallon finally feels like everything is falling in place, that is until Lucas Brooks comes back into her life.
Lucas Brooks hates his life. He is lonely, he is sober, and he is angry. On the ice, when he’s not in the sin bin, he the leading scorer in the NHL but off the ice, he is a mess. He threw away the most important person in his life, and has regretted it ever since but when Lucas sees Fallon again after being traded to the Assassins; he is bound and determined to get her back. Even if she wants nothing to do with him.
The sexual tension between Fallon and Lucas is electrifying as Lucas tries to convince Fallon that he is a changed man. Fallon tries to resist Lucas, but it is so hard when all her body wants is his. But when Lucas finds out that Fallon has been keeping a huge secret from him, the game he is playing stops and penalties are called.
With new rules and new players on the ice, will Fallon and Lucas be able to work out their differences and work as a team or will they be left trying to score alone.
About the Author:
I am a wife, mother, and hopeless romantic.
I have been told I have anger issues, but I think it’s cause of my intense love for hockey!
I am the biggest Shea Weber fan ever, and can be found during hockey season with my nose pressed against the Bridgestone Arena’s glass, watching my Nashville Predators play!
When my nose isn’t pressed against the glass, I enjoy going to my husband and son’s hockey games, my daughters dance competition, hanging with my best friends, taking pictures, and reading the latest romance novel.
I love things that sparkle, I love the color pink, and did I mention I love hockey?
Interview with Toni Aleo:
Q. What is your definition of Hockey?
- Ice Hockey
- Roller Hockey
- Crazy hits, amazing plays, rowdy crowds, and amazingly hot guys!
Q. So you want to be a hockey fan?
Q. Things you need to know to become a hockey fan!
A. Here are some things you need to know:
1. We don’t do quarters or half times. We have three 20 minute periods of awesomeness. In between , there are two 20 minute intermissions.
2. Please do not wear a short little skirt and low cut top, you will freeze. Diehard fans like me will look are you like you are crazy too! Make sure to wear something warm and in team colors.
3. More than likely you will see a fight. These are amazing, enjoy it. Hopefully, someone will draw blood.
4. The Hat Trick is when a player scores 3 goals in the game. When this happens, everyone usually throws their hats on the ice. At the Bridgestone Arena, after the game you can go buy your hat back and the money you give goes to charity.
5. A penalty is when a player does something they’re not supposed to. This will happen quit often and usually leads to a power play for the opposing team.
6. A power play is when one team has a one man advantage while the other team is one man short because he serving his penalty.
7. Hockey fans are loud. So be ready for that.
8. It’s very fast paced. Keep your eye on the puck and scream your little heart out.
9. It gives people a reason to go out and drink on a Wednesday.
10. Before you ask, that big machine thingy that is cleaning the ice is called a Zamboni. Yes, you should want to ride it. It’s so awesome.
11. When the puck is in play, don’t get up and go to the bathroom. For one, its rude, people are trying to watch the game. Plus, what if the puck comes into the crowd and, since you’re the highest, you get hit in the head?
12. Your boyfriend/husband will think you are amazingly hot. It’s a turn on to go to a game with a woman that enjoys the awesomeness of hockey. Just ask my husband. If I was a Red Wing Fan, I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to keep him off me.
Q. What is the most important thing you need to know?
A. The Nashville Predators is the best team in the league. You should cheer for them!
Q. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
Trying to Score drew me right into the scenes like I was there and the way the characters were portrayed so believable it was very hard to put down the book. One of the better books I have read in a while.
I give Trying to Score a 5 star rating.
Now for the fun part....The Giveaway!
Just enter on the Rafflecopter below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
* Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. My Cozie Corner is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment.